Good Bye Miami

Linda and I just finished a week in South Beach for a trade show I attend every other year in Miami Beach-- Tissue World is the show.   Anybody that is involved in the manufacturing of tissue paper or paper towel is there trying to get a bigger piece of the action.   I was working some old relationships  and trying to get some new stuff going and I think overall I was effective in promoting my product lines.  This is the last time we are going to be in South Beach.  In the Spring of 2016 the show will be held in New Orleans.   

Changing to New Orleans is not something that I happy about.   I like the warm weather and beach in Miami.   I can run on the beach and enjoy some nice warm weather.   The day this picture was taken, by Linda, we were on beach the in the early morning getting in some running for me and walking for her.  I don't think running will be much of an option in New Orleans.  Hopefully it rains hard a couple of times after Mardi Gras before we arrive to give the sidewalks down town a good washing--otherwise I expect the urine odor to dominant the French Quarter.   I think the food will be good, but it will not be as international as Miami, the English language is not very common in Miami and that always makes for fun in getting around the city.    I saw several Rolls Royces, Bentleys, Porsches, Maseratis, Lamboughinis and various other exotics in Miami and I know they will not be as prevalent in the Big Easy.  It is always fun to see and hear  the rich boy toys. 

One of my early mentors in the tissue business died last week after a 19 year battle with cancer.  Sam Archer of my competitor --Nalco--  and past employer finally was taken.  He was one of the most optimistic and truly good  people you meet in a lifetime.   I started working with him when he was first diagnosed with some type of internal cancer and was given the "6 months" to live story.  He made it 19 years packed with energy, activity and life.  I will miss him, as well a lot of people who were touched by his life.  I will have some great memories of him and he did really help me get a great start in the business of making the tissue machine Yankee dryer your friend. God Bless you Sam.

As I mentioned, I did run on the beach.  I ran in the hard pack and got some good speed work.  I could not run near the water,  Miami it is not like in Jacksonville or Daytona where they have a wide hard beach to run.  In Miami it was soft and narrow and impossible to get any good footing.  So I ran in the hard pack and enjoyed the weather.  There was a LOT of runners in the morning and it was an interesting mix of speed and abilities.  You are not lonely on that beach at sun rise. 

Good bye Miami, we make get to see you sometime again in the future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

First Time Ever?