Really !!!

Sometimes you have to just have to shake your head or better yet, listen to your wife basically blow material out her nose when precious gem moments occur.    We were going to have a couple over to play some cards, tell stories and eat some Gus's World Famous Chicken last weekend.   Since chicken is slow to cook, I ordered ahead-- 2 dozen wings and a pint of cole slaw. Perfect for a party of four.   Pretty simple  ?? Nope,  it was not that easy.  I turns out that the chicken place did not have any containers that held a pint of slaw-- just 16 ounces!  I repeated this over the phone and Linda overhead it from 20 feet away and something had to have been projected out her nose when she let out some sort of snort.  I couldn't laugh or it would have spoiled the moment.   I said, just give the 16 ounce container and we would be fine.  Whew, got away with that brush with weak math skills. 

I asked Linda if I did OK by not getting into the conversions or better yet asking for the half liter or 500 milliliter container.  She agreed that I ordered correctly--but since forever,  16 oz and a pint have been the same quantity.   Sometimes you don't expect the real gems of life, this was definitely one of the them.  Linda and I, as well our guests,  got a pretty good laugh over the container situation. 

I have been a little on the sickly side the last couple of days and have cold like symptoms or an actual cold.  I am anxious to run outside, but the weather has been totally uncooperative.  I should be able to go in a couple more days.   I have not been doing any training this week.

I purchased a Nike energy band measuring devices a couple weeks ago.  It measures your movement and calculates step, calories, etc.   The band will bluetooth to your phone and computer to give you a graph of your daily energy burn.  It has been informative, but I am not sure how the info will be helpful in my training.   I have discovered, when I run the chainsaw, I have my biggest energy burn days.  Might be something to this brush cutting stuff.

Remember all fans of food:    a 16 ounce conatiner can also be a pint container as well.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

District Qualifier