Outdoors At Last !!

Finally !!  I finally had a chance to run outdoors and get off the treadmill.   The treadmill work is a great way to get your conditioning in without causing foot injuries or getting dried out by the wind.  When I do my running I typically run with my mouth open--a trice broken nose does not help the situation--and as a result the wind does dry out my mouth and throat and I get pretty raspy.  The treadmill has little air moving so my mouth does not dry out and my voice stays strong. 

I will take the weak voice, I finally got to run outside! There is just some sort of freedom to finally get a chance to enjoy the warm air and just have fun running in the grass.   I ran two times in the last couple of days on grass.   Grass sprints are about 100 to 150 meters in length and I get to vary the speed and intensity.  This season,  the ground is very hard already, I am afraid it will be a very dry summer.  I ran in Florence, AL today in the river bottom and the ground was quite hard.  Typically this area is soft year round.  I also ran in one of favorite areas in Brentwood where I use their soccer field and it was also dried up already. They will need to get the sprinkler going soon.   So, get ready for the sky high water bill this summer.  

My weight is slowly working downwards and is near 200 currently.  I have 60 days to be ready for the State Finals which is a qualifier for the 2015 Nationals.  You have to keep track of your goals. I currently have no injuries that I am managing.   Although, this weekend, Linda and I were in downtown Nashville on Broadway on Saturday afternoon and I stubbed my right middle toe pretty good.  The place was jammed and I was trying to negoiate some heavy sidewalk traffic and stepped into a sign.  Ouch!!  It did not bother me tonight, so I missed a chance to screw up.  Whew.

We were downtown Nashville  twice this weekend and the amount of new buildings and business is amazing.  We went into the new Omni Hotel and checked it out, and it is pretty nice. We will be back.  It is right across the street from the new NCC or convention center and wow--there is a LOT of do and see in Nashville.  We are local and need to get caught up on the new stuff.   If you get a chance, check it out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

District Qualifier