In My Own Little World

Tonight was the final work out before the meet this weekend. I went back to the same track for the third night running and did my usual warm up and ran 8 sets of parachutes runs of 150 meters each.   Parachute running help me get my running form correct with great arm swing without going real fast and minimizes any injury threat.  It is also fun, because of the exaggeration of the running form. 


I did not do my usual taping of my right foot and I did notice that I was carrying that leg a little differently while running. So, the KT is still a necessary part of my running equipment.   I was just an old guy at the track,  running some parachutes with sweat dripping off every part of my skin.  I was listening to Kacey Musgraves sing about trailers, bad relationships and being a poor waitress and really enjoying the workout.  As the workout progressed, I was getting into my own little world.  Kids were playing soccer next door, the groundskeeper was running his weed eater and the old guy was just grooving on Kacey and having some fun running into the wind on the track.  To get into your own little world you need to empty your mind of any worries and just be in the moment on your current activity.  I have rarely achieved this "own little world" state and when you do, it is worth writing about.

I think my head was on as straight as it has ever been tonight.  No injuries to fret over, training essentially finished, no work problems of any consequence, my wife likes me a lot ( her favorite) , kids are doing great, and my workout was just plain fun.   I was in Smalltown, USA just listening to my Nano and sweating up a storm. I even took a selfie--see pic.  It was special night when I take a selfie.

I head home tomorrow and rest the next two evenings.  I hope I can get into "my own little world' for about 5 minutes on Saturday and 10 minutes on Sunday.  Just an old guy at the track having some fun, grooving to the music and showing some speed.  Stay tuned...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

District Qualifier