Fall is creeping closer

The weather finally gave us a little break.   Last week the humidity was off the chart and it was rough to do anything outside--like run.   The humidity has finally given way to clear skies and lower humidity with a slight breeze--the beginning of the Fall feel.   Fall is my favorite time of year, clearing and less humidity, football and harvest time as well.    This year I have two meets in the Fall, The first Sunday in September in Lexington, Ky and later in the month the Greater Nashville District Qualifier will be held near the river in Nashville. 

Last night I started to work on some of the speed work required for the sprinting.  I went to one of favorite spots at Crockett Park and ran on the soccer fields.   I ran several 100 m sprints on the grass with spikes to find my pace for the 400 m.  My pace was pretty solid at 14.6 to 15.0 seconds for each pass.   I will continue to work on the speed work till race day in Kentucky.    I am continuing to experiment with compression wear on my legs and arms as well.  The arm compression sounds goofy, but I have seen some of the women Olympian sprinter use them.   I thought they were just an add for Nike, but there appears to be some merit.   I plan on using them in KY to see if they do anything.  They have all their sprints in one afternoon, so recovery will be key to success.  I have a pair of Adidas made that I like and wear, they are tight and getting them on is a struggle. 

I have several sets of arm covers, some are compression, some are not.   I do have one set that is bright pink and I look like a old man with water wings when I use them.  see below. 
 
I have settled on my basic equipment for this season, I like to get into something new each season to see if it helps and it also keeps my interest in the training.  Training can be a drag if you let it, so I like to change it up with new gear whenever possible.
 
As far as my fitness and health, my left hip is a little achy, but that is from a combination of running and also of my mining activities. I started to remove more dirt from under the house so I could get access to area under where we will be redoing the kitchen. The head space is now close to 5 feet in some areas, but a lot of bending and dragging is required to get the dirt out. I purchased an electric hammer to chisel the dirt loose and that has greatly speeded up the process and eliminated the use of the pick axe. I still sweat buckets for some reason while working on this project--I call it my core and hip workout. We have settled on the general layout and look for the kitchen. We are now working on getting a new dining room table for the kitchen and starting to locate materials needed to make the changes.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

First Time Ever?