Change with a layer of dust

If you were wondering, yes, we are making progress on the kitchen remodel.   The electric is roughed in and the two new lights are hung, the framing and sub flooring are also complete.    The wall coverings and dry wall are coming up next.  
 I ran two new circuits to supply electric to the pantry.  While I ran these circuits, I added a light and outlet in the basement crawl space--I have spent enough time down there, I might as well make it 'nice', and added some power to Harry Potter's House so we can have some lighting in that space as well.  The new circuit job was as expected--frustrating and quite physical.    An old house with no provisions to get to the spaces where you can run electric wiring is normal and you have to get creative.   I muttled through, but now I a new access hole in the wall below the breaker box, I fixed the access problem with a circular saw.  Next time, the wiring work will improve smartly.  The dirt removal from the crawl space also made this job possible.  

Progress has been steady, and in the end, I think the product will be worth the effort.  I have been keeping up with the delivery of pieces and parts as they arrive.   The internet is big plus in getting stuff dropped off at your door.

We purchased a modern light that will hang over the new dining room table which is still in the box until the major dust is done.    The new light has some 3D elements and you have 50 small pieces of colored aluminum squares and some frosted glass squares that you can attach as you please.   Think putting up the Christmas tree every winter.   Linda gets to help with decorating the lights, this should be interesting.   And if you are not happy, change it until are!  And if you want different colored squares- get out the Krylon and presto chango--new colors.  This light is just fun and should be a real item when done.

I have been very strict with my diet since visiting the doctor a couple weeks ago.  Very little red meat and a lot more dairy protein. No alcohol of any type.  And water, water, water......  I have been taking my meds and have had no more flare ups of gout.  I get a blood test in three weeks and at that time the next step will be discussed with Dr. Amy.   I have been refilling some of the meds and this juice is pricey, so trying to manage gout with lifestyle and diet will definitely be my main option.   I do get an upset stomach and head aches as a side effect from the meds, it is nothing that cannot be tolerated, but it is still something that you have to work through. 

Training has not been happening,   No races for  several months and I have been burning a lot of energy on the remodel.  Coming up quickly is the wedding in Wisconsin for Betty and Linsi.  Effective, this week, same sex wedding are officially legal in WI.  The legal process has finished the usual court challenges.   So we will be going to a real wedding in Green Bay!!!  Cake, there will be wedding cake!  I love wedding cake. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

District Qualifier