Feeling the Feeling?


The pantry project is crawling to a close.  I did get the door hung so the space is basically ready to use.   The floor went down last weekend and I need to do the mop board and the door transitions.  But it is taking shape.   Final trim paint will be needed, but that is pretty easy duty there. 

Generally, there is a build up to the Holiday season, a natural rhythm that evolves over the years to let you know Santa is really going to find you again.  This season, the entire Christmas clock is way off  and it just does not feel like Santa is in the picture.  Why asks the curious??  I still believe in Santa, so that cannot be the deal.  

This year, the season started off badly during Thanksgiving and it will not recover until we get to Chicago and see our babies.   The typical holiday season rhythm is Thanksgiving,  a deer hunt the next week in Ohio, shopping, decoration, baking, see the family and do the Santa thing, recover.    In 2014, the deer hunt was basically cancelled by some manadatory training at work ( something I will never use--check the box crap) and then I was asked by a customer to support some trial work in Mexico the week of Thanksgiving , including Thanksgiving Day.   Well, that got my rhythm so out of whack, it would be impossible to recover and I have not.  Throw in the very untimely death of my sister while I was in Mexico and you got he recipe for a very flat Holiday Season.   Enough?  Nope. 

Linda is involved with a lot of dead line based work and she is basically out of gas.  I am trying to finish the kitchen and keep up with my work and prevent the light based depression that I can slip into and continue to fight gout.  The deal in Mexico ended badly and we will have to repeat the work, and get it right this time.  If they would have listened to me the first time, it would have been completed correctly. I hate to waste time like that.  So this year, Christmas will just be a period of time where I don't go to work and Linda gets a short break before starting another big, pressure packed project. The feeling is just not there yet.....

Whew, where is the good, the hope, the cheer?   Family will have to be the cavalry this season, they have no choice, the calls has gone out.

Comments

  1. Jack. Awesome looking kitchen!, so sorry this fall has been so tough for you. Dan and I love you both tons.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

First Time Ever?