Ramping Up

It is winter.  I need not tell almost anyone in the US, but it is cold, frozen, windy and for anyone North of the Ohio River-white.    Even us fair folk her in Tennessee have been tolerating the cold.  I have had long johns for days, whether I am outside or sitting on the couch.  But, and this is a giant but, the sun does come out during the day and helps wash a lot of the depression off my body.  The sun has been a real blessing and has made the cold sustainable, but I am impatient to say the least.   Sprinter like the warmer weather.

Phase I of the kitchen remodel is basically completed.  The result looks pretty good.   Now we need to find the money to do Phase II, which will require a new stove (and we really like one of the pricey ones) and a dishwasher and a lot of cabinets.   I will not be getting any bonus this year, so Phase II may be put out a little longer than we would like.   But, it will happen...

 
 
We are pretty happy with what we have created thus far.  Not bad for a kitchen that is 135 years old..

I have been working from home this week and have gotten to the gym on a regular basis.  I have been running every other day on the treadmill or track (145 meter) and also doing some leg work in the weight room.   My fitness is coming around, I am at the same place I was last year in February, 2014 and the body weight is the same as well.  My weight cycles up and down with the seasons and the Holidays usually pack it on me. I will continue to work on the fitness as February approaches.  I still have my sights set on the indoor meets in Kentucky.  I joined the USATF today, which will allow me to compete  at the Masters level in various meets and this meet as well. 

It is also time for football teams to show their stuff.  I am  Buckeyes fan from way back  and hope they can pull it off.    I used to time my farm work around their games on Saturday afternoon while in college.  I worked on a farm that had dairy cows and pigs and I would clean the pig floors during the games so I could listen on the tractor AM radio. This 'cleaning' was a nice scoup shovel and you would deposit it in the spreader, repeat.   Life was sweet when you can do that while standing in 3 inches of pig poop.     Shoveling shit for the Buckeyes, I guess.   

The NFL is getting serious and we will be keeping an eye the action, our Steelers are out.  I got my money now on The Evil Empire (Ravens) and Seattle for the finale.

The sun is shining on my desk again, I need to get some rays.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

District Qualifier