The Switch is on

New phone number this week--I do not recommend this to anyone that does not have at least 12 hours to hover and update the dozens of places your phone number is used and/or required.   Whew!  You will need both phones to be active to get everything actually completed.  I got most of important ones done, but some places you do not use on a regular basis are a mystery on how to make the change.   Next week, it will be a new computer and all the nuances that go with that process.  "They" whoever they may be, claim that some change in your life is a good thing to stimulate growth and all that crap.  Could be , but "they" can come over and work through the computer conversion next week.  I need a massage..

I finished up with Buckman this week and started to get some tools for my new role at Kadant.  The phone and new employee packet were two days late due to the ice and snow that was dumped on us last week.  I am in full transition mode of payroll, insurance, expenses, credit cards, cars, travel rules, new boss, a lot of shit to remember and and even more to just screw up.  But this is what I wanted and I got it.   Next week will be the real work in terms of getting all the paperwork completed and the following week I will be in the main office doing the rest of my transition stuff with HR and IT.  My old phone and computer get send home next week as well.

TONIGHT WE CELEBRATE.  Linda and I are headed to the Omni Hotel to check out Bob's Steakhouse and celebrate one of life's little changes that is actually for the good.  My nephew and his wife from Martin, TN are going to jump in on the fun as well. Linda is celebrating her great year as the # 1 LS in your company.  I am thinking some steak and expensive bourbon.

The weather appears to be breaking up, it better,  the time change is tonight..  Daffodils are straining at their leashes, ready to explode into Spring.  The sun is doing all it can to force the issue, now if we can get the rest of the snow piles melted, we will be on to something.

  I am ready to run outside.

I have been running 3 times per week on the treadmill and the work is paying off.  I feel pretty fit and would love to get an outdoor work out.  My gout is under control and I have had no issues with pain or swelling.   The last couple of sessions I have not used KT tape on my right foot which was the poster child for plantar fasciitis.  I have worn the KT every time I have run the last 3 years.   I have used some really tight compression socks instead.  Only issue with these socks are, you are exhausted getting them on, it is a struggle.  I think I will still use the tape most days, the confidence factor is higher with the additional support.

  I am switching companies, the time is switching, Mother Nature could go ahead and switch the seasons as well.  I am ready, already.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

First Time Ever?