Tired and Sore Season

The busy season for me is always accompanied by the tired  and sore season.   Yesterday I set up the scaffolding and worked on the roof project again.  This session was replacing the siding in a section of the house that I had to destroy when I replaced the roof on the porch.    Small section of siding, but the access was terrible and for some unknown reason, every time I would get going good, the sun would come out and just cook me on the roof.  It looked great when I got the cedar siding installed, but I managed to drag almost every tool I could carry up on the roof, including the leaf blower.   I use the blower to clean up the dust and debris created when you work on an old house.   Dust of all sorts is created and makes for a filthy mess.   I need to do another section on the other end of the porch, but it has better access.  Progress is being made. 

I worked until the rain was ready to fall and will hopefully complete the repairs up high next weekend if the weather cooperates.   It is still raining today, so I will put my tools away for another week.  My body is pretty sore, I did a lot of climbing up and down the scaffolding and as my Mom says 'you ain't as young as you used to be".  She reminds me of that every time I get to whining about being sore.  But my ass is sore today.  Mom's are always right....

We finalized our paint colors yesterday and bought some bright yellow for accent, hunter green to match the roof for the trim and a neat shade of violet to paint the ceiling in the porch.   There will also be some white for the main part of the house, but I can get that stuff anywhere. 

My new work vehicle arrived yesterday morning.   The leasing company found a blue Ford Explorer in Nebraska and had it shipped to my house.  Finally, I can get off the rental car carousel and drive 'my' vehicle. 
 The new gig at Kadant has been going very well in my opinion.   I have been traveling recently and it has been to some spots that are not on the big map--you need a small map for these spots.  I did get to see a mountain lion/lynx while in Western Wisconsin this week.  It just flashed across the road while we were headed to the supper club.   At the supper club the bimonthly Wednesday night cribbage club was playing.  They had a great turn out and the Old Milwaukee was popular with this group.  They play from October thru April and break up for the summer.  I was stunned at the quietness of the group--no trash talking or anything of that sort--very civil.    As you travel, you notice different slices of the population and in this section of the country the hairstyles for the women was just so different to the Nashville area.   Of the dozen or so women playing cribbage, not one had hair that could touch a collar on a shirt, but neither could any of the men.  I thought that was so striking.  In Nashville, long hair on women of all ages is the norm.   Maybe only one barber in the area could cut hair ?  

I have attempted some gardening this Spring, but it has been wet and getting anything started that will be good to eat will have to wait. I will wait for my chance to get it planted-- it will resemble corn farming, it gets dry and you go full bore day and night to get it all planted.  I did plant some grass and it has been perfect weather to grow grass.  A section of yard that was all crabgrass last season, looked anemic after I killed the crabgrass this year needed to be redone.  So, I tore it up, planted and rolled out the bumps.  The grass is coming on now, I hope this is last time I need to plant grass in this section of the front yard.

About 12 years ago Linda and I first started to date.   We have been with each other ever since.  It has been a great run and I hope it continues.   Speaking of running, I have been running about twice per week,   Last week,  I ran outdoors at Ladysmith, WI --home of the Lumberjacks--on their very nice all weather track.  I felt good to get an outdoor workout.  I was very breezy and warm and enjoyable.  I am hoping for some dry weather so I can get a little track time this weekend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

First Time Ever?