The busy season is exploding

June and July are usually jam packed with action and this season is no different.  I have the State Finals track meet next weekend, a wedding, the National Track meet, and I just learned of a high school reunion I would like to attend--all by the end of July.   Linda and I will be running our butts off and using up a lot of frequent flyer airline miles.  And for work I will fit in a trip to Portland, Oregon, Auburn, Mass and a few other car trips.    Gonna be really busy.
  The garden is starting to provide some food and that is good, but you hate to miss any really fresh stuff.  We are already getting more kale and peppers.  Corn, tomatoes and green beans are just around the corner.   We have a beautiful little patch of black raspberries in the meadow and it has been yielding some yummies as well.    All mixed together and it is busy around here. 

 
 
The porch project is completed!!
 
 

I finished the final paint on the porch and got all the little detail crap finished.  So I can get my tools back in the shed and get back to the kitchen project.  We have a new dishwasher to install and that will happen--I am not sure, looking at the schedule it could be August.    But I have already worked up my drawings and will start accumulating the required materials.   The dishwasher will be installed higher than normal, so a drawer for baking pans will be underneath and loading and unloading is substantially easier-- a lot less bending and I like that idea.

I have been cycling my training, trying to peak and be rested for the State Finals next Saturday and Sunday.  On Saturday I will run the 400 m in the morning and on Sunday run the 50 and 200 meters.  I like splitting it up, the 400 m just kicks my ass and I am exhausted for hours trying to recover-- aging has its effects.   I ran at the track this morning and ran a couple of 400 meters, which were supposed to be 600 meters.  The wind was so strong, that regardless if I started into the wind or finished with the wind, my heart rate was at 99% and I could not get the last 200 meters out of my old carcass.  I also worked on full speed starts with and into the wind and some 50 meter speed work.    I felt good, but was absolutely gassed for a couple of hours.  No significant aches and pains--which is really important to the Seniors.   

This week I will work really hard on stretching, everyday if possible.  I will train a couple of days with some light running at a fitness rate, no max effort stuff until the race.     I will see Geoff on Friday and get a good rub down and hopefully be ready.  I still hold the 50 m state record in my age class and would really want to defend it one more time or lower if possible.  In the 200 meters, I would really want to get sub 28 seconds again.  The 400 is just survival, period.  We will see....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

First Time Ever?