200 m prelim

Still no pictures.  My all Apple set up is struggling with pictures.  I will get it figured out.  The race is loaded on my Facebook as a video.  Linda did great job of routing and filming.
I won my heat today in the 200 meters prelim and had to wait thru 3 more heats to see if I transferred to Monday's final.   I know how the folks in auto racing feel when they put a good time and wait until everyone else runs to see how they qualify or get the pole.  That wait was worth it, I qualified 7 th and get to run on Monday!  Yea! That is exciting...
I was in lane one, which is typically not a preferred lane, but I got a good start and made up the stagger at the 80 meter mark and dropped the hammer and actually pulled away in the last 20 meters.  It felt good to get there first.   I ran a 27.73 which is 0.7 seconds faster than my last Nationals.  27.7 would have qualified me in 7 th there as well. My training has been better and smarter.  I am faster in the second 100 meters than the first  I am keeping some gas in the tank.   The 400 tomorrow morning will test the training.  I am confident but uneasy, the 400 is a whole different batch of athletes.  Typical 200 people do not run the 400, I guess I am one of the exceptions.

Weather was warm and a stiff breeze in your face on the finish stretch.  Makes my time all the sweeter.  Overall, pretty good conditions.  No rain, hopefully we get tomorrow in with out any issues.

Tennessee had a good day and won some medals in the long jump and qualified a lot of  people in the sprints.   We are representing pretty well.  More chances tomorrow.  No athlete had any issues with pulling up or crashing, which makes for a lot more fun for all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

First Time Ever?