Final Week til Nationals

Last chance to get it right for the Nationals this weekend.  I had a really hard work out yesterday on the local high school track.  I typically burn 700 to 800 calories for a 60 minute work out and I was over 1100 calories in 75 minutes when I was finally done yesterday!   I did some curve starts at 95% with blocks and spikes and ran at speed for the entire curve and ran a 200 meter with a baton in less than 30 seconds.   I also worked in some steps on the bleachers to practice fast foot and arm speed for good measure.   Today I visited the hot tub and then stretched out.   That will be it for today, tomorrow another workout with spikes and some more intensity at the local track.  The rest of the week will be light workouts with a daily stretch.  But I will stretch daily.

I now need to make sure all my gear is ready, have my spares lined up and rest a lot.   I need to repaint my blocks and disassemble for the trip.  It appears we will have some running in hot temperatures, so plenty of clothing choices and electrolytes will be necessary.  I feel about as good as I can for meet week, injuries are not causing any concern currently.

Last weekend we drove to see my niece get married in Ohio.   My family has few weddings that are actually public events and Linda and I had a great time chatting with my family.  On the way back, we stopped for the required stop in Zanesville at Tom's Ice Cream Bowl and also drove over the Y bridge.  We hit both of Zanesville's famous locations in one trip.  Typically when traveling to my hometown we route through Columbus, but we were tired of that route so we traveled back through West Virginia and stopped at the capital in Charleston. The dome is very pretty and appeared to have just been cleaned.  The interior is absolutely gorgeous, with white marble throughout and well detailed vaulted ceilings.  The grounds are interesting with some statues a coal miner,  of Lincoln--who split West Virginia from Virginia in 1863-- and a very well planned tributes to the war dead from the state.


After our stop in Charleston we toured the Eastern end of Kentucky on our way back to Brentwood. The trip seemed to be a little easier, due to new scenery and a lot lighter traffic load on the roads.   I may try it again next trip.. 

Now I have to finish the yard mowing, and then I can rest tonight.  How about the Women's World Cup team? talk about a beat down-- it felt pretty good to be an American yesterday.  









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

District Qualifier