Mt Hood

I traveled this week and spent several days crisscrossing the Western portions of Oregon and Washington.  It was very clear and Mt Hood looked fantastic.  I also got a chance to check out Mt Hood from the air.  It looks good either way.  We were in the Columbia River Gorge  as well, and the scenery was really something.   That is definitely big country out there.

The weather was really warm and dry in Albany, Oregon and I did try to run outside and it was so dry I really struggled with my breathing, so I just ran inside on the treadmill.  I am working on my endurance and weight loss, so I am doing 800 meter and 1600 meter runs.   I have finalized my racing schedule for the rest of the season.  I will run in Kentucky and do the 100 400 double.  They are electronic timed and I really want to get a good 400 time and break 62 seconds if possible.  Kentucky is a Sunday meet and that  helps logistics as well.   My last meet will be the Greater Nashville District Qualifier in October.  The current plan is to try for a great time in the 200 and get in the show for the rest of the events.

Pretty simple plan and I have enough time to get some good training done.  As it starts to cool off a little, I will start  harder outdoor training and get the 400 time coming down as we approach meet day.


By the way, after three weekends on the roads, we are are NOT going anywhere this weekend.  We need the rest.  Wedding, track meet, class reunion...  The weeds in the garden are calling really loud..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

First Time Ever?