Back to the track


I am always in search of some new gear and I picked up a pair of Nike Zoom Victory 2 spikes.  They scaled in at 4.8 ounces each and are several ounces lighter than my current spikes.  I tried them out tonite and they are wicked fast.  Since my best races start on the curve, I did some curve starts tonight with my blocks. They are really light and they will be great for race day, but they will not be good for training due to the incredibly light fabrics used. There is almost no protection anywhere in the shoe.  They are all about speed and I will have to careful not to use them much in training.
I ran on grass two nights ago.   During my warm up and stretching I almost quit.  Some feeling of aimlessness came over me and I almost packed up and went home.  Man, that would have been stupid, but the thought went through my head.  Where does that stuff come from ?  I had a pretty good work out, running with my parachute on some short sprints.
 Tonight was 200 meters from blocks  at 90%,  100 meter curve starts from blocks,
 stadium steps and some tempo work.     I also did some recruiting for the Senior Games.  A man who turns out to be 50 was doing some laps on the football field and he asked me if I was involved in USATF?  We got into a discussion about my current racing and I encouraged him to check out the local Senior Games and give track a try again. Hopefully he can make an event and get hooked like the rest of us old speedsters.

William Yelverton who lives near Chatanooga, won a Bronze in the World Championship this week in the 200 meters in Lyon, France.  He is 55 years old and also has the quick time in the quarterfinal heat of the 400.  Hopefully,  William can bring some Gold to Tennessee!!   Currently there is some really fast old timers in Tennessee .  Go get em William!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

District Qualifier