Mexico

I was in Mexico for 5 days this week for a Sales Meeting at an all inclusive hotel on the beach in Puerto Villarta.   Perfect weather and gorgeous scenery from the seventh floor of the hotel over looking the bay.  I did do three workouts while in town.  I had to take advantage of running in sand.  It whips your butt and makes my knees real mad, but I can burn some serious calories.  My second running workout on Wednesday used 1025 calories.  I was gassed at the end, I had burned a lot of calories.  My knees were sore the next day, but the rest of me was fine.  For that session, I ran on the beach and then returned to the hotel by the street just inland a block or two.  I was running and discovered a very nice all weather track and public activities area.  I got in a couple of laps for  fun and continued on. There was even a few kids working on starts with their blocks...great to see that.  I was out of energy at that point, low on water and needed to get back to the hotel and hydrate and eat.
I returned to the hotel and had some liquids , water and NA beer were pretty good, along with some dried fruit I always carry.  The other running workout was not as intense, but it still makes your legs turn to jelly.

The hotel food was a little bland and since I was with a group of about 70, we got fed in a group and after a day or two, it was getting old.  But , no food poisoning this trip.  I Stayed with the breads and potatoes a lot.  I also took along my own raisin bran cereal to eat in the morning.  That fiber really helped out.  I know I may look like a codger with my own breakfast cereal at a massive breakfast buffet, but it was the right thing to do.  I did mix in a couple of fresh scrambled eggs on the side.  This trip I stayed out of trouble with the foods.  The beer choices were really limited, so the all inclusive is a very limited all inclusive.  No Victoria, which is a really great Mexican brew.

I ate lunch at the PVR airport at Johnny Rockets burger stand.  The young lady who waited on me was about 15 or 16 and spoke great English as well as her native Spanish.  She Took my order and was very good at her job.  There was a tip jar at the order counter that said "tips for school".  I asked what she was studying and she replied..high school.   She must pay 500 peso per semester to go to high school.  That is 58 US dollars a year! Wow, you pay in Mexico for all you school... I tipped her 20 peso, I would have done a 50 peso but was out.   Every country is different, and in Mexico, you work for everything including school.  No wonder many of them are so motivated to succeed in the US.

I need to hustle up and publish.  I am doing this on the plane wifi at 35000 feet and we are headed in Houston.  This year I am A List Preferred and get free wifi on the flights that have the receiver on the Southwest planes. This is a great perk that will get used a lot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

First Time Ever?