Kitchen redo

 
Progress!!
 


The biggest piece of the kitchen puzzle is complete.  The stove and tile are in and everything is operational and in use.   We are pretty happy with the result and are now learning to cook on a completely different stove.   I have the new cupboards in the living room in their boxes for the last section to be completed around the frig.  It appears that will happen this weekend.   I need to get finished so the rest of my life can continue.  

I have been on break from remodeling at home for a couple of weeks.  In the mean time, we have been getting our gardens in shape, painting the new fence at the veggie garden, changing the brakes on the car, mowing and anything else that would happen after work.   One thing that has not been happening is running.   Oh, and for a weekend away, Linda and I headed to Chicago for three days to help one of kids do some building.  Aaron and his girlfriend live in a warehouse space with a couple other youngsters.  The space is very open and he wanted something that would resemble a room within a room.  So, we drove up and helped hang a bunch of drywall and change up some wiring.  The results were very promising and we did have a good time helping out.  

I have not been putting in the time to train, I really need to get some speed stuff going.  My first meet will be May 21 in Nashville.  It is an open meet with electronic timing.   A masters event is coming up in 10 days, but I have too much going on that day to make it.  I am not ready anyways.   SO this year feels like a sabbatical of sorts.   I will get going soon, but the kitchen needs to be done and my target is two more weeks to have ALL the boxes and tools out of the house. Period.   Don't fail me now. 

I have been traveling about 50% of the time and when I am home, I am beating on something with a hammer or mixing up something.  My travel is picking up slowly and so will my training.  Nice weather helps a lot, it has been a little chilly to run hard prior to this last couple of weeks. 

The weight is staying pretty good and should not be an issue, I feel strong from all the construction activity--a career of that has got to wear you down after a decade or so.  I just need to run.... more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joseph Ford III is a Wonderful Man

Enough!

District Qualifier